Fwd: Query regarding Openldap implementation

Hi There,

I have a query on ldap_search_ext_s() API being used. This API is returning operations error and by default the option LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS is default to 1.
I feel when we use this API, it tries and finds other referrals present in the AD server configuration forest. Can you please help me in understanding this API behaviour. I have found that even though the requested user is found at one of the referral, again the search is done on other referrals for the same user. What is the significance of trying to search the node in other referrals.

Your help is highly appreciated.

--
Thanks,
Samrin