Re: How to enable search using wildcard characters

Use a sub index.

http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/apa/indeces.html

Dan

On Apr 20, 2016, at 7:28 AM, PRATIK SINGAL <pratik.singal13@gmail.com<mailto:pratik.singal13@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hello All,

Can any one please help me how can i search using wild card character.

My base dn is "dc=example,dc=com" and i want to search all the records having "telephone" attribute whose value is starting from 256*

Am using below verion of openldap
$OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.40

Is there any changes which needs to be done in slapd.conf to enable wildcard search

Regards,
Pratik

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are
communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and destroy all copies of the transmittal.

Thank you
University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences