Re: Openldap vs 389

> On Apr 19, 2016, at 16:34:27,Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
>
> I admit I haven’t done my homework regarding the standards (the literature is just huge), maybe I was hasty in using the term RBAC above, but anyway what does Fortress/RBAC give out of the box that our solution wouldn’t, I mean you wouldn’t mind giving a very rough overview ?

Not knowing what your solution provides it's not possible for me to give you a comparison and in any case that’s a question for you to decide.

If you want to understand fortress, first understand its apis, there are links to javadoc descs at the bottom of this page:

https://directory.apache.org/fortress/overview.html

If after that you are still interested, checkout the tutorials:

- http://github.com/shawnmckinney/apache-fortress-demo
- http://github.com/shawnmckinney/role-engineering-sample
- http://github.com/shawnmckinney/wicket-sample
- http://github.com/shawnmckinney/fortress-saml-demo