Re: ldapdelete recursive (-r) with syncrepl

--On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:51 AM -0400 Frank Crow <fjcrow2008@gmail.com> wrote:

I did see that and do know how to do slapadd/slapcat backups.    What
I'm not clear on is how that works with N-Way MMR.    Wouldn't I have
to go and delete the the /var/lib/ldap on every master replica machine
prior to loading the backup with slapadd?    Or is that not necessary?

Is your intent to drop the database and reload it on every master? That would seem to indicate you've got significant issues with how you manage your servers.

You can trivially recover any one given server with the backup from another MMR node. I.e., say you want to take down node 3... slapcat node1 or node2, and load that onto node 3...

Again, more information on what it is you're really trying to do here would be useful.

In any case, I did update my syncrepl to use cn=accesslog and I no longer
have any issues with bulk operations being propagated to the other master
replicas.

Good, delta-syncrepl's definitely better. But this doesn't resolve the many replication problems that still exist in 2.4.40.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc