Re: slapd ACL - limit bind to employeeType=<various>

On 12/04/16 18:32, Michael Ströder wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:
"Delete" - they vanish from libnss and other places, but we still hold their
LDAP record for easy resurrection (this happens a lot - we have a class of
nomadic users - they work on a project, go away, then come back on another
project 2 years later).

That state I'd call "inactive" or similar. But that's cosmetic.

In my systems there's always exactly one status "active" for which I allow
"auth" on "userPassword".

E.g. in Æ-DIR the attribute 'aeStatus' can have this Integer values:

-1: requested
  0: active
  1: deactivated
  2: archived

I suspect you're overloading the semantics of 'employeeType' by putting two
meaning into one attribute.

Ciao, Michael.

Yes - I think I am. It was partly convenience (I'm using the LAM web front end to manage, with ldapvi where LAM cannot cope (odd problems with empty mail attributes). But also I did not think of your idea - it's pretty cool.

I'd have to admit to being more of an LDAP n00b (we populated /etc/passwd directly from postgresql in my last place).

--
Tim Watts                               Tel (VOIP): +44 (0)1580 848360
Systems Manager         Kings Digital Lab (KDL), King's College London