Re: slapd ACL - limit bind to employeeType=<various>

On 2016-04-12 11:37, Tim Watts wrote:
Sir, you are a genius :)

On 11/04/16 07:31, Michael Ströder wrote:
# some entries matching filter
access to
   attrs=userPassword
   filter=(!(employeeType=Archive)(employeeType=Delete))
     by ..some who clauses for setting password
     by * auth

# all other entries
access to
   attrs=userPassword
     by * none

Very slight tweak to the syntax

Ah yes, filter was wrong.

(with huge thanks - I would not have
guessed this was the required technique - I was concentrating on
finding an "auth" ACL when I was googling.)

Writing OpenLDAP ACLs is a bit like functional
programming - at least to what I vaguely remember
from my time at University many years ago.

I'd recommend to look into the OpenLDAP FAQ to
find some more not so obvious examples.

Ciao, Michael.