TLS error/warning messages output

I'm writing a "C" client that connects with SASL EXTERNAL and yesterday, when it ran it output the following:

SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: cn=xxxx,ou=yyyy,ou=zzz,o=aaa,dc=bbbb,dc=ccc
SASL SSF: 0

Which is exactly what I was expecting.   Actually is still what I'm expecting.   So some changes occurred on the server and the client which resulted in this now being output:

TLS: error: the certificate '/etc/openldap/certs/xxxxx.crt' could not be found in the database - error -12285:Unable to find the certificate or key necessary for authentication..
TLS: certificate '/etc/openldap/certs/xxxxx.crt' successfully loaded from PEM file.
TLS: no unlocked certificate for certificate 'CN=xxxx,OU=yyyy,OU=zzz,O=aaa,DC=bbbb,DC=ccc'.
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: cn=xxxx,ou=yyyy,ou=zzz,o=aaa,dc=bbbb,dc=ccc
SASL SSF: 0

I have verified that I am not setting LDAP_OPT_DEBUG_LEVEL and I even tried setting it to "0" explicitly but I still get the same thing!   I have seen that before when I set debugging to ANY but I really rather not have this warning output if possible.

Does anyone know why this would be occurring or what I can do to turn off those TLS warning/error messages?

Thanks,
--
Frank