Re: Openldap 2.4.44 syncprov delays

--On Friday, April 01, 2016 11:41 PM +0000 Frank Swasey <Frank.Swasey@uvm.edu> wrote:

Folks,

  I have recently upgraded my ldap servers (RHEL6, locally built RPM)
from 2.4.42 to 2.4.44.  After several days of chasing why our nagios
checks for syncrepl performance were reporting long delays, I gave up and
rolled the primary server back to 2.4.42.  This week I have built a
primary and replica on RHEL7 with 2.4.44 (again locally built) and have
just discovered through some intensive testing and log crawling that the
syncprov log entries (with loglevel sync) show up lacking the csn about
every hour, and if there are outstanding changes to be replicated when
that happens, the syncrepl check on the replica server starts reporting
it has fallen behind.  This behavior does not exhibit with the 2.4.42
code base.

  Is this the new normal? Is there something (that has not yet made it
into the guide) that I need to change in my syncprov/syncrepl
configuration to get around this?

No, this would be a serious bug. Can you provide related configs and test data that reproduce the issue? I've not seen anything like this w/ delta-syncrepl MMR.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc