Re: Making a full replica: slapd -c "rid=xxx" doesn't seem to work

hello,

one more thing: make sure to have the proper syncprov overlay AND
syncrepl directive pointing to the master slapd on the master, at
least on olcDatabase={0}config and olcDatabase={1}mdb (or whatever is
the first database that contains the data), e.g:

dn: olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
olcSyncrepl: {0}rid=0 provider="ldap://master/"; searchbase=cn=config ...
olcUpdateRef: ldap://master/

dn: olcOverlay={0}syncprov,olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config

dn: olcDatabase={1}mdb,cn=config
olcSuffix: dc=univ-reunion,dc=fr
olcSyncrepl: {0}rid=1 provider="ldap://master/"; searchbase=dc=univ-reunion,dc=fr
olcUpdateRef: ldap://master/

dn: olcOverlay={0}syncprov,olcDatabase={1}mdb,cn=config

the syncrepl directive does nothing on the master, but as this
configuration is replicated on the slave, the slave knows it has to
replicate from the master (I hope it's clear enough)

--
Jephté CLAIN | Développeur, Intégrateur d'applications
Service Système d'Information