Re: Transparent Overlay proxy not returning memberOf

Follow up:

It looks like if I explicitly request memberOf it is returned.  Now I suppose my question is making this the default behavior for the proxy.  I will go back to the docs on this and and ask again if I need further help.  Sorry to bother you.

Dan Sullivan

> On Mar 29, 2016, at 9:25 AM, Sullivan, Daniel [AAA] <dsullivan2@bsd.uchicago.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I apologize if this is a silly question; I’ve done a preliminary search of the mailing list archives and read through the documentation in as much detail as I can muster for the moment.  I can’t seem to find an answer to this seemingly simple question.
>
> My question is this;
>
> I am implementing an Overlay Proxy against Active Directory.  I have it working (i.e. I can query the local and remote databases and get a composite LDIF record returned that merges my added attributes).    My problem is that the returned record doesn’t appear to contain the complete attribute set from the remote server.  For example, if I use ldapsearch to query Active Directory directly, I see a bunch of memberOf: attributes for the user object returned.  When I query the proxy, I clearly see the brunt of AD attributes for my user object, although the memberOf attributes are missing.  Is there a reason for this?  My configuration is very basic, and I don’t understand why attributes would be filtered by the proxy.  My configuration is probably as simple as it can get (for the proxy):
>
> dn: olcOverlay={0}translucent,olcDatabase={2}bdb,cn=config
> objectClass: olcOverlayConfig
> objectClass: olcTranslucentConfig
> olcOverlay: {0}translucent
> olcTranslucentLocal: uidNumber
> structuralObjectClass: olcTranslucentConfig
>
> dn: olcDatabase={0}ldap,olcOverlay={0}translucent,olcDatabase={2}bdb,cn=conf
> ig
> objectClass: olcLDAPConfig
> objectClass: olcTranslucentDatabase
> olcDatabase: {0}ldap
> olcDbURI: ldap://domaincontroller:389
> olcDbACLBind: bindmethod=simple  timeout=0  network-timeout=0 binddn="cn=s.a
> aa.ldapsearch,ou=SrvcAccts,ou=AAA,dc=somedomain,dc=uchicago,dc=edu"  credentials
> =“secret"  tls_reqcer
> t=never
> olcDbIDAssertBind: bindmethod=simple  binddn="cn=s.aaa.ldapsearch,ou=SrvcAcc
> ts,ou=AAA,dc=somedomain,dc=uchicago,dc=edu" credentials=“secret"  mode=none  tls_reqcert=never
> olcDbIDAssertAuthzFrom: {0}dn.regex:.*
> olcDbRebindAsUser: TRUE
> structuralObjectClass: olcLDAPConfig
>

> I’ve turned on debug logging for slapd and it looks like the memberOf attributes are being served up by AD.  If anybody could provide insight as to why this would be occurring I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Dan Sullivan

This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which
it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this e-mail message is not the intended recipient, you are
communication is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify the sender and destroy all copies of the transmittal.

Thank you
University of Chicago Medicine and Biological Sciences