Re: olcAccess/olcLimits modifications

--On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:40 AM +0100 "PenguinWhispererThe ." <th3penguinwhisperer@gmail.com> wrote:

It's still weird that adding and deleting works with the index but the
replace not. No consistent usage there.
Probably the devs had better things to do ;)

Anyway. Thanks for clarifying indexes and where I can and can't use them
;)

There is nothing wierd about it at all. Replace has a very specific meaning. It replaces all values. It does not do individual attribute value replacement. As I noted, the only supported way to replace a specific value is to delete it and then add the new value. This has nothign to do with devs, but with the RFC specification that defined this behavior decades ago.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc