Re: Collaborative work of MirrorMode replication and LDAP Sync Replication

--On Thursday, March 10, 2016 12:52 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@zimbra.com> wrote:

--On Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:43 PM +0300 Andrei Valoshyn
<avaloshyn@exadel.com> wrote:

Hello Quanah,
The case 3 - not standard replication approuch for openldap. Kind of mix
MirrorMode replication and LDAP Sync Replication. And I want to know - is
this working solution in production? Will I face with some problems in
future because non-standard type of replication?

I have no idea what you mean by that.  "mirror mode" in OpenLDAP is
simply multi-master replication (using ldap sync), where you use a load
balancer to only ever direct writes to one specific master, and have the
load balancer fail over to a different master if the one it is pointing
at goes down.

You may wish to read <http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/replication.html>.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.