Re: log_rdns.patch

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 03:47:44PM +0100, Michael Str??der wrote:
> As Howard already said:
> Use a decent logfile post-processor before looking at the log file.

But, what if PTR records have changed between when the log entry is
written, and it's analysis?

In my own opinion, if you're not running a public server, but one
within your company's LAN, then the set of hostnames won't be as
numerous, nor as fluid, so I suspect descent resolver could cope.

I agree that such a feature on a public server would not fare well.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert@numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large