Re: DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE fails to suppress the log files

--On Monday, March 07, 2016 9:35 PM +1100 jupiter <jupiter.hce@gmail.com> wrote:

The logsize is set to 10 MB, it creates a 10 MB log file every 2 - 3
minutes (it grows so fast, like the movie "Evolution" :-)), I ran the
db_archive -d 10 hours ago when the disk was full, and I have run the
db_archive -d now as the disk is full again despite the server is not too
busy. Why doesn't the slapd do it automatically? Apart that issue, the
ldap is running very well. I really want to figure out what is going on,
but if I cannot find a solution, I have no choice but run a cron job to
call db_archive -d every 8 hours. I guess that should not cause ldap any
side effect, right?

The real solution, again, is to dump the broken RH build and switch to MDB. Then there will no longer be any pointless log files created, and your system will be both more secure and faster (and take a smaller footprint).

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc