Re: DB_LOG_AUTOREMOVE fails to suppress the log files

Hi,

I am running the same package version openldap-2.4.40-6.el6_7.x86_64 as
you do. I've double checked the
/etc/openldap/slapd.d//olcDatabase={2}bdb.ldif, the olcDbCheckpoint:
1024 15 has already been defined in that file, and I did restarted
slapd, but the log files are still glowing. What else I could still be
missing?
How big is your db? I've set the logsize to 100 MB and only the last two files are kept. Install the db4-utils and run the command db_archive. This will show you the logfiles that are no longer used. "db_archive -d" will delete the unused logfiles. But this should be done by slapd automatically.

Dirk