Re: SASL EXTERNAL auth issues

Penza Kenneth at MITA wrote:
> I am using RHEL7 and openldap from LTB project(to test out SSHA password
> hashing). Currently I am having issues to configure SASL EXTERNAL auth. Maybe
> I am missing something, any pointers would be appreciated.

First of all you should always test with ldapwhoami command-line tool. It will
show you the authc-DN and authz-DN.

For really using SASL/EXTERNAL you need authz-regexp statement(s) in slapd.conf
or attribute olcAuthzRegexp in cn=config to map the authc-DN to a authz-DN.

See the man pages for details.

Example on my system:

$ ldapwhoami
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=100+uidNumber=1000,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
dn:cn=michael ströder+mail=michael@stroeder.com,ou=private,dc=stroeder,dc=de

Based on this mapping:

dn: cn=config
[..]
olcAuthzRegexp: {1}"gidnumber=([0-9]+)\+uidnumber=([0-9]+),cn=peercred,cn=ex
 ternal,cn=auth" "ldap:///dc=stroeder,dc=de??sub?(&(objectClass=posixAccount
 )(uidNumber=$2)(gidNumber=$1))"

Ciao, Michael.