Re: ppolicy overlay and disk space exhaution

--On Monday, February 22, 2016 9:49 PM -0500 David Magda <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca> wrote:

Unless one wants to write a spec file from scratch, I find it easier to
take the existing one that was used to build the (usually older) version
of a software package included in a distro, point to the newer tarball,
and go from there.

You get both the newer code as well as packages that are organized around
how the distribution expects them.

A good reason not to do that is (a) your package should not interfere with the system packages (I.e., it should not be building into /etc, /usr/bin, etc and (b) RHEL/CentOS link to MozNSS, which is very problematic and should be avoided. It makes much more sense to start with something like the LTB project, and base anything off their spec if not using their pre-compiled packages.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc