From: openldap-technical [mailto:openldap-technical-bounces@openldap.org] On Behalf Of Michael Ströder
Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 7:32 AM
To: Hallvard Breien Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no>; openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Shutting down some slapd listeners

Hallvard Breien Furuseth wrote:
> Sometimes I want slapd to stop listening for new connections
> to ldap:// and ldaps://, but keep listening to ldapi://,
> for maintenance before shutdown.
>
> One way would be to extend the 'gentlehup' config option
> with a list of which URIs it should affect.  Or we could
> add some sort of 'command language' to cn=config/cn=monitor.
>
> Or should I play some temporary tricks with iptables or whatever,
> so new connections never reach slapd?  I've never tried that.

Yupp. I'd implement that with temporary local firewall rules suppressing TCP SYN
packets. On Linux: iptables --syn. Local firewall rules are a good idea anyway.

Ciao, Michael.

“This message is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of the message and its attachments and notify the sender immediately.”