Re: Replication between 2.4.21 and 2.4.31

--On Wednesday, February 10, 2016 9:01 AM -0800 "Jason J. W. Williams" <jasonjwwilliams@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

For various reasons we may need to set up N-way multimaster replication
between OpenLDAP 2.4.21 and 2.4.31. Do folks see problems running
different patch releases in the same replication group?

Yes and no. No, because it generally doesn't care. Yes, because both of those versions have serious replication bugs, especially around MMR. I'm guessing you're using packages provided by a distribution vendor, which is simply insane to do for production LDAP servers. I'd strongly advise you abandon such a strategy as it's doomed to failure, and instead use packages from the LTB project, or if you want actual support, from Symas.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc