Re: problem with slapadd in migrating LDAP servers

--On Monday, February 01, 2016 10:05 PM +0000 k j <kj37075@yahoo.com> wrote:
So I could use some guidance an clearing out the DB or setting it up.
I have reviewed 10. Database Creation and Maintenance Tools in the
admin24 guide but still seem to be having trouble.

slapd runnning:
# ldapadd -f /root/initializeDB.ldif -x -D
# "cn=administrator,dc=my-domain,dc=com" -w SekRit
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Then either (a) You're using the wrong password for that DN, OR that DN doesn't actually exist (either as the rootDN in the configuration files, or as an entry in the DB).

slapd off:

# slapadd -l /root/initializeDB.ldif -F /etc/openldap/slapd.d/cn=config
Available database(s) do not allow slapadd

You are missing a -b option to say which DB you want slapadd to go against.

Generally, there is way too little information to go on here. Do you have an existing DB already? I've no idea. Is cn=administrator,... a valid DN? No idea. etc.

You can use slapcat to /export/ any existing data you have, that could determine whether or not you have an existing DB. You may also want to examine your configuration as to rootDN, etc, as well.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc