Re: missing init script

Le 26/01/2016 00:33, Chuck Theobald a écrit :
Thanks to all who replied and set me straight. I understand now why the source tarball does not include init scripts - talk about chasing a moving target.

Also, was not aware of the issues with 2.4.40, don't often have the time to stay up on the latest on all the project mailing lists. I'll d/l the latest version and move on with life.

I'll check the ltb-project for a script that supports my current fave linux, Debian.

Hello Chuck,

you can also use LTB project Debian packages, that includes the init script: http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/openldap-deb#apt_repository

--
Clément OUDOT
Consultant en logiciels libres, Expert infrastructure et sécurité