[Date Prev][Date Next]
LMDB: question about MDB_RESERVE
- To: "OpenLDAP, Technical" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: LMDB: question about MDB_RESERVE
- From: Christian Sell <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2015 23:13:48 +0100 (CET)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; t=1450649629; l=649; s=domk; d=gsvitec.com; h=Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Type:MIME-Version:Subject:To: Reply-To:From:Date; bh=xK1TJBwpYjjrBc2TugCTP+XwO3rZAJs1tiz5QiTDwcA=; b=jdXreACxuX/E5yzSghE99b61fNROqKo8CRyqKnaP8GCI89NRci6ZvbZacs2i9+9r28I jJd6uSW6EEaX3oS+DnHJnVPulyGa2QQSCti5czwE8XxcWv/QL/yze8Mn4lHuBjzmiPIH6 AsBBHpPC8n68P56DMvP0pgMlnJYuGuyqWbE=
- Importance: Medium
I have a question about the MDB_RESERVE flag. The documentation in some places
says "reserve space for data of the given size, but don't copy the given data.
Instead, return a pointer to the reserved space, which the caller can fill in
later - before the next update operation or the transaction ends."
My question is specifically about the "before the next update operation or the
transaction ends" part. Does this mean the reserved buffer becomes unusable as
soon as another put is executed? What exactly happens? This statement does not
appear consistently, which is why I am doubting..
thanks + happy holidays,