Re: pass-through authentication

Details of your authn server would be helpful. Do you have access to the admins of that server? Are they cooperative?

I tried to set this up using SASL to communicate with the campus Active Directory. Reliability is a bit suspect, it will typically take 3-4 attempts to get a successful authentication. Also, the setup requires an account on AD that is capable of making queries. The particulars of our installation force me to use my own - not ideal.

Anyway, your situation may vary, so send us some details on what you are trying to talk to for autn.

Chuck