[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: Samba auth on replicated LDAP: no admin user
- To: Paul van der Vlis <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Samba auth on replicated LDAP: no admin user
- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2015 09:45:17 -0800
- Content-disposition: inline
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.9.3 edge02.zimbra.com 9CA81A6262
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=zimbra.com; s=C2AA288C-EE47-11E2-9BB0-E820BDD9BDBF; t=1449423930; bh=DvP0u0MGWNwSFIMfZcjY/XY9LYYsyLNoQ8JUF4FDlz0=; h=Date:From:To:Message-ID:MIME-Version; b=WyH3SgOLLpncB4C5wkZlavehc5ieGzERrw2BnAQIUkVuBPolJPNoEB8bvpXq1p1gG y5ygZHWyjIEtFhCNNUZ+9P39Y0x5X861yNacTS4Et8+LnVT4DkvHmaYijIwXqWyffI MlwAE+FD8M8zxyWzG4yCHis8AV8PfCE6GvMzZq6A=
- In-reply-to: <566435DB.email@example.com>
- References: <566435DB.firstname.lastname@example.org>
--On Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:19 PM +0100 Paul van der Vlis
I have a replicated LDAP and a few Windows PC's what want to
authenticate using Samba. Normally I use "smbpasswd -w" to give the ldap
admin dn, but because it's replicated there is no ldap admin!
Is there a way to authenticate using a replicated LDAP?
I've no clue what you mean here. If the data is replicated, then the same
data that is on the master is on the replica, and one can authenticate to
the replica just like they would to the master.
I'm guessing what you mean is that portions of Samba unique to samba that
have nothing to do with LDAP are not present, and thus samba related tools
don't work. I'd suggest discussing with the Samba folks on how to properly
replicate Samba environments.
Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration