Re: Samba auth on replicated LDAP: no admin user

--On Sunday, December 06, 2015 2:19 PM +0100 Paul van der Vlis <paul@vandervlis.nl> wrote:

Hello,

I have a replicated LDAP and a few Windows PC's what want to
authenticate using Samba. Normally I use "smbpasswd -w" to give the ldap
admin dn, but because it's replicated there is no ldap admin!

Is there a way to authenticate using a replicated LDAP?

I've no clue what you mean here. If the data is replicated, then the same data that is on the master is on the replica, and one can authenticate to the replica just like they would to the master.

I'm guessing what you mean is that portions of Samba unique to samba that have nothing to do with LDAP are not present, and thus samba related tools don't work. I'd suggest discussing with the Samba folks on how to properly replicate Samba environments.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.