RE: Getting around the single-threaded syncrepl model?

Hi Michael,

> > If we're primarily adding or deleting entire objects, however, not modifying single attributes,
> > won't delta-syncrepl just fall back to syncrepl anyway?
>
> Can't you change your modification process to modify entries instead of
> deleting and re-adding them?

I didn't say we deleted and re-added stuff.  We will modify if the object needs modifying,
but most of our operations involve either adding brand new objects, or deleting old ones.

> > And this still doesn't change the fact that I'm now going to have to spin
> > up 10-20 LDAP replicas on a single machine to get around the
> > single-threaded replication engine problem.
>
> This is the concept of "replication hubs". You can do this to spread the
> syncrepl load.

Ah, "replication hubs", yes.  I'd rather not have to go down this route unless I have to,
but at the moment it seems there is little choice.

Mark.

NOTICE: Morgan Stanley is not acting as a municipal advisor and the opinions or views contained herein are not intended to be, and do not constitute, advice within the meaning of Section 975 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act. If you have received this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies; do not disclose, use or act upon the information; and notify the sender immediately. Mistransmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege. Morgan Stanley reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law, to monitor electronic communications. This message is subject to terms available at the following link: http://www.morganstanley.com/disclaimers. If you cannot access these links, please notify us by reply message and we will send the contents to you. By messaging with Morgan Stanley you consent to the foregoing.