RE: Antw: Re: accesslog purge starves kerberos kdc authentications

Yes, I'm pretty sure it is an I/O issue. The problem only occurs on the physical servers, the virtual machines (which are on a SAN with much better performance than local disks) don't exhibit this issue. While it is thrashing iotop shows the write load at about 2MB/s. It's on a linux system using ext4, the only special mount option is relatime.