Re: pwdHistory, encrypted passwords and selfservice application

Le 29/10/2015 11:18, Bogdan Rudas a écrit :
Hello all,

I'm working on Self-service application and want to prevent user from re-using old passwords. What is correct way to chage password takin in mind password history?

I guess it is:

1. Bind with special user and check if specified uid exists
2. Bind using user-supplied uid and password
3. Get password policy, history etc. and  validate on selfservice-side
4. Execute LDAP modifyRequest with single item: userPassword and value of new hashed password.

In my case same password gives same hash. Are there any way to force encrypted password history validation on server side?

Hi,

just for information, if you are looking for a self service application, you can check http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/self-service-password/latest/start

But as it is written in PHP, it does not use the ppolicy control (not yet implemented in PHP-LDAP API).

--
Clément OUDOT
Consultant en logiciels libres, Expert infrastructure et sécurité