Re: empty ldapmodify refused with slapo-unique

--On Thursday, October 08, 2015 6:23 PM +0200 Geert Hendrickx <geert@hendrickx.be> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 17:14:56 +0200, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
When slapo-unique constraints are in effect, it seems empty updates are
no longer allowed:

> $ ldapmodify -x -h localhost -D cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com -w
> secret dn: cn=test1,dc=my-domain,dc=com
> changetype: modify
>
> modifying entry "cn=test1,dc=my-domain,dc=com"
> ldap_modify: Invalid syntax (21)
>         additional info: unique_modify() got null op.orm_modlist

Why is this considered invalid syntax?  Without slapo-unique constraint,
empty updates like these are accepted.

Anyone?

I'd suggest you file an ITS.

Platform Architect