Re: Complex multi-master topology

On 02/10/15 02:35 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Patrick wrote:
>> dn: cn=config
>> objectClass: olcGlobal
>> [...]
>> olcServerID: 1 ldap://ldap1
>> olcServerID: 2 ldap://ldap2
>> olcServerID: 3 ldap://ldap3
>
> Note that
>
> 1. you should probably use FQDNs instead of short names
>
> 2. you must explicitly start slapd to -h ldap://ldap1 etc. to really assign
> the server-ID to a certain replica.
>
> BTW: Personally I prefer to not replicate cn=config (I'm using static
> configuration anyway) and just add one server ID per instance to avoid the
> strong dependency on -h option.
>
> Ciao, Michael.

Yeah, for simplicity purpose, i removed the fqdn, ssl stuff and
everything from my post... i see i should have included it all.

but yeah, it is all present, starting with -h ldaps://ldap1.fdqn,
getting my /etc/hosts with the required stuff.

it works when every master talk to each other, but i'm one step further
where not every ldap will be available to talk to each other in our prod
environment

This works:

    +-------------------------------+
    v                               V
+-------+       +-------+       +-------+
| ldap1 | <---> | ldap2 | <---> | ldap3 |

this doesn.t:

| ldap1 | <---> | ldap2 | <---> | ldap3 |

Patrick Brideau
Administrateur Système
Kronos Technologies - http://www.kronos-web.com
tel: 418 877-5400 p.216