Re: cannot delete pwdFailureTime attribute

On Wed, September 30, 2015 18:28, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Wednesday, September 30, 2015 11:18 AM -0400 David Magda
> <dmagda@ee.ryerson.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How do I delete the "pwdFailureTime" attribute on a slave?
>
> 3 solutions:
>
> 1) backport the code fix for ITS#8185 and rebuild your openldap binary
> (best)
> 2) slapcat your database, fix the entry in question, reload (sucky)
> 3) wait for 2.4.43 to release (don't know when it'll release)

Okay, thanks. We're looking at using slapo-chain(5) set up, as each of the
above isn't ideal for us. Find clear documentation on it is a bit
difficult, but these 'recipes' seem useful:

http://www.rjsystems.nl/en/2100-openldap-consumer.php
http://www.rjsystems.nl/en/2100-d6-openldap-consumer.php#refr

For (3), has any though given to doing time-based releases? Say March
and/or September, just so there's a predictable release cycle for patch
roll-ups? (Emergency security updates would be ad-hoc.)