Re: parent DN and deref control

--On Thursday, October 01, 2015 10:48 PM +0200 Ivan Nejgebauer <ian@uns.ac.rs> wrote:

On 09/30/2015 09:19 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
I have a use-case where it would be handy to use the deref control to
request attributes from an entry's parent entry. But this would require
kind of a pseudo-attribute 'parentDN' (similar to 'entryDN').

Anybody aware whether such a thing is already available?

I've attached my implementation -- hope it helps. The patch is against
REL_ENG_2_4.

(More details: the parentDN part is fairly straightforward, given the
entryDN implementation as a model. However, the deref overlay can't use
dynamic attributes [you can try the unmodified slapd with deref and
entryDN], so I wrote a nasty hack to make it work with parentDN. Not
extensively tested, e.g., I'm not sure it would work "" as the parent.)

If you want it considered for inclusion in OpenLDAP, please file an ITS as per <http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html>

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.