Re: Issues with Openldap upgrade 2.4.21 to 2.4.31

Le 29/09/2015 21:04, Laurent Dumont a écrit :
Hi gents,

I'm currently trying to upgrade my "aging" Ubuntu 10.04 physical server with OpenLdap 2.4.21 to a brand new VM running 2.4.31 (which seems to be provided by default with the standard repository while being somewhat old?). That said, I'm running into a few issues.

Am I correct in assuming that a standard migration would go something like this :

#On the original LDAP server
sudo slapcat -l /root/ldapdump

#Copy that file over to the new LDAP server
sudo slapadd -v -d 1 -l ldapdump

Unfortunately, that's where it fails. I see :

560ade84 str2entry: invalid value for attributeType objectClass #2 (syntax 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.38)
slapadd: could not parse entry (line=1)

It seems that I'm missing something pretty obvious here. Anyone has any pointers?

Check the first entry of your dump (line=1) and look a the third value of objectClass, it is probably not an objectClass existing in the schema. You need first to import your schema in the new LDAP server to be able to import all your data.

--
Clément OUDOT
Consultant en logiciels libres, Expert infrastructure et sécurité