Re: unique contraint bypassed by java modify (and correctly enforced by pytho/ldapmodify)

Alessandro Dentella wrote:
> To me if slapo-index let a program to bypass that constraint is at
> least buggy and experimental eather.

slapo-unique bypasses the constraint of the client application sends the
Manage DSA IT control which JNDI always sends by default.

> The java program was written by people ot of my company, and I'm not
> really in the position to tell them to change they're code becouse I'm
> not able to make a correct index on a field. I'm not really used to
> think at unicity is a constraint that can be bypassed...

JNDI has a strange sort of internal referral handling.

> That said, the author of the java code is collaborative and there is
> room for a change if that demonstrates to be the correct solution.

IIRC the JNDI property to set was already mentioned in this thread by Quanah.

Ciao, Michael.