ldap_result timeout not working?

Hi,

What am I missing as the ldap_result function does not seem to care at all about the timeout value given to it? I would need polling behavior and I have tried to give it a timeval of zero, 2 seconds and other small values but often it does not return until over a minute has passed. I have also tried to call ldap_set_option( m_ldap, LDAP_OPT_TIMEOUT, &timeout ) first where the timeout has been zero, 2 seconds etc. but it does not have any effect either. Sometimes ldap_result takes very long also after a call to ldap_simple_bind but usually this happens after a call to ldap_search_ext.

Also abandoning a lengthy ldap_result operation is not an option as ldap_result will throw an access violation if it is given an abandoned message identifier. And without access to the internals of the ldap library I cannot synchronize the abandoning so that it would take place only after ldap_result has proceeded so far that it is ok for it to abandon the identifier.

My code used OpenLDAP version 1.168.2.16 where this issue occurred, then I upgraded it to version 2.4.42 to see if it behaves differently (with #define LDAP_DEPRECATED 1 for now for simplicity) but the same issue seems to be there.

I am developing and testing with Windows 8.1 but the same issue is also at least in Mac OS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Ilja

Learn why you should attend BroadSoft Connections 2015

This email is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this email in error, please notify BroadSoft, Inc. immediately by replying to this message, and destroy all copies of this message, along with any attachment, prior to reading, distributing or copying it.