Re: ldapsearch getting attribute list in specific order

Craig White wrote:
> I am surprised I haven?t tripped over this before.
> ldapsearch ?b ou=people, etc. uid pwdChangedTime mail
> Wanting to e-mail people with expiring passwords.
> I am counting on 4 lines for each person?
> Dn:
> UID:
> pwdChangedTime:
> mail:
> in this exact order
> but on the last one (which happens to be me, perhaps because I was the last
> one to change my password), my ?mail? attribute was returned before the
> pwdChangedTime attribute which would cause me to re-write the code to handle
> randomness of order of the output. Do I have to re-write my bash script?

Yes, you have to handle arbitrary order.
=> I'd recommend to use a better scripting language with a decent LDAP module
for tasks like this.

If you insist on using a shell script look here:
http://ltb-project.org/wiki/documentation/ldap-scripts/checkldappwdexpiration

I have no personal experience with it though.

Ciao, Michael.