Re: Building OpenLDAP for Windows

On Wed, 9 Sep 2015 09:55:10 +0300 Ilja Maki wrote:

> I have googled and browsed your mailing list archives for instructions on
> how to build OpenLDAP for Windows but haven’t found any up-to-date
> information on it. Is such a thing still supported? I found out that at
> least Visual Studio workspace files were dropped away some years and
> versions ago. I would need an OpenLDAP lib that can be linked by Visual
> Studio 2013 (and probably by later VS versions in the future).
>
> I have Windows 8.1, Cygwin 1.7.35(0.287/5/3) and MinGW. I have tried to do
> according to this: http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/897.html but ran
> into issues already in the ./configure phase (btw, it says “WARNING:
> unrecognized options: --disable-slurpd”). The final error in running that
> is this: configure: error: select() required.
>
> I’m not familiar with Unixes but Google told me that select() is a native
> Unix command. Is that correct and if so, what should I do with a Windows
> machine to handle that? Or should I do the whole building task according to
> some completely different instructions? I need only the client side of
> OpenLDAP.

I am sure you have checked out these URL's

http://www.applicationporting.org/2013/08/step-by-step-guide-for-openldap-windows.html

http://www.openldap.org/software/download/

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10484788/compiling-openldap-using-visual-studio-10-express

BTW, update to Win 10. It is free and will save you from having to do it when
8.1 is no longer supported. I love Win 10 PRO as compared to Win 8.1 PRO.

--
Jerry