Re: ldapmodrdn accented characters with windows client

On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 04:06:42PM +0200, LAROCHETTE Philippe wrote:

> In fact, it's working fine if i replace the "é" character with this sequence "\c3\a9"

OK - so it works if you feed it UTF-8. This is expected, as LDAP expects every
text string to use the UTF-8 encoding and the standard version of the
command-line tools does not do any character-set conversion.

> 1 - I precise that i use a normal command-line charset like chcp 1250 or chcp 850 with the Lucidia Font in the windows console that show correctly the accented characters in the windows command

Can you change the working locale of the system to use UTF-8 ?
If you are really using Windows XP this may be hard, but it is really time to
get rid of that obsolete OS anyway.

Can you move the client application to a Linux platform?
Most modern distros default to UTF-8 which makes this easy.

> 2 - When i use ldapadd or ldapmodifiy, i have no problem with the accentes characters... but for this command i copy the .exe binaries from the OID 11g of oracle windows client... but in this product for windows there is not à ldapmodrdn.exe program...

In those cases the accents may be in data files in UTF-8 of course.
It also sounds as if you are getting ldapmodify from a different set of
binaries so maybe one set has charset conversion and the other does not.

If you really have to keep the XP system you might be able to build a
workaround using something like iconv to process the command-line args
and input files:

	iconv --from-code=CP1250 --to-code=UTF-8 /path/to/inputfile

Andrew