Re: ldapsearch blocks forever

Oliver Kowalke wrote:
After inspecting the source files of ldapsearch I encountered that
ldap_result() is called with tv.tv_sec = -1. As a result ldap_result()
will block forever (poll() is invoked with -1) in some cases.

If for instance the MTU is no big enough (likely in the context of IPv6
and  tunnels), the data will not arrive and ldapsearch will 'hang'.

I'd like to ask what was the intention to call ldap_result() with
tv.tv_sec = -1 even if a timelimit (option -l) was applied at command line.

Use git blame, read the commit logs.

--
  -- Howard Chu