Re: ldapmodrdn accented characters with windows client

LAROCHETTE Philippe wrote:
> I can't use ldapmodrdn command when some attributes like givenname contains
> accented characters, the error is "Rename result: Invalid DN syntax(34)
>

> My configuration is a server with Linux centos 7  and Openldap 2.4.35
>

> The client is a windows XP where i copy the binarie ldapmodrdn.exe from
> openldap for windows 2.4.32
>

> When i launch this command for example on linux server it is ok but on the xp
> client it doesn't work :
>

> ldapmodrdn -h xx.xx.xx.xx:389 -D cn=admin,c=fr -w yyyyyy -s "ou=TEST,c=FR"
> "cn=TEST Véronique,ou=TEST2,c=FR" "cn=Myname Véronique"
>

> I think the problem is with the executable ldapmodrdn.exe. Where can i find an
> equivalent version of the linux version that can works on windows ? Have you
> an idea to solve the problem ?

Attribute 'cn' is of DirectoryString syntax (Unicode in UTF-8 encoding).

I'd rather guess that some funky command-line charset is used on Windows.

You could try the hex-escaped UTF-8 encoding (see RFC 4514) on Windows
command-line which is not really convenient of course.

Ciao, Michael.