Re: Change userPassword

On 09/03/15 12:16 -0700, Chuck Theobald wrote:
Thanks to all who replied. I did not realize or remember that the output of ldapsearch was base64 encoded for userPassword. Decoding gives me the string I expect, so it is set correctly in the database. Since testsaslauthd works, I just need to get ldap to reference the saslauthd, which is still failing.

I recommend running saslauthd in debug mode to trouble shoot. If no
connections are established when authenticating against slapd, verify
permissions are good to your saslauthd mux, and explicitly set a
saslauthd_path within your (sasl) slapd.conf if necessary. See:

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/security.html#Pass-Through authentication
http://www.cyrussasl.org/docs/cyrus-sasl/2.1.25/options.php

--
Dan White