Re: uniqueness constraint violated when using ldapadd -M

On Wed, Sep 02, 2015 at 13:08:16 +0200, Michael Ströder wrote:
> Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > It's still not clear for me what is the link between the Manage DSA IT
> > control and uniqueness constraint.  From RFC 3296 defining the control:
> > [..]
>
> IIRC Pierangelo used the Manage DSA IT control for that use-case because
> the Relax Rules control wasn't defined at that time. Yes, I also consider
> this to be a flaw because JNDI sends along Manage DSA IT control by
> default.

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the inner details, but could it be that there has
been confusion between "Manage DSA IT" control (RFC 3296) and "ManageDIT"
control which has been obsoleted/replaced by the Relax Rules control?

	Geert

--
geert.hendrickx.be :: geert@hendrickx.be :: PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F