Re: "olcSizeLimit: size.prtotal=disabled" ignored?

Am Wed, 2 Sep 2015 10:05:13 +0200
schrieb Dieter Klünter <dieter@dkluenter.de>:

> Am Wed, 2 Sep 2015 08:38:42 +0300
> schrieb Igor Shmukler <igor.shmukler@gmail.com>:
>
> > Hello Dieter,
> >
> > Thank you for replying.
> >
> > > slapd silently ignores the control request, but sizelimit still
> > > comes into effect.
> >
> > Given that, as well as the other relevant information...
> >
> > Is "olcSizieLimit: size.prtotal=disabled" not affecting the
> > response, a bug in OpenLDAP 2.4.x, or did I incorrectly understand
> > the documentation? If it is a bug, should it be filed?
> > How would one go about disabling simple paged results [having the
> > OpenLDAP server respond with critical extension unavailable or
> > similar]? Is restricting access to the control with an ACL is the
> > way to go?
>
> I have overlooked a few mistakes of yours :-(
>
> 1. you modified the global configuration part, that is cn=config, and
>    not a database part.
> 2. you configured a sizelimit, not a limit.
>
> slapd.conf(5) clearly states:
>
> GENERAL DATABASE OPTIONS
> Options in this section only apply to the  configuration  file
> section for  the  database  in  which  they are defined.
> 'limits' is specified within the general database options,
> size.prtotal is defined within the 'limits' section.

I must correct myself, either configuration works.

dn:cn=config
olcSizeLimit: size.prtotal=disabled

or

dn:olcDatabase={1}mdb
olcSuffix: o=avci,c=de
olclimits={2}dn.this.children="o=avci,c=de" size.prtotal=disabled

in both cases i receive result code 11.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung