Re: Centos 7/openldap/samba

On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 03:08:08PM -0500, Alex Moen wrote:
Setting up a new openldap server on Centos 7. I am trying to add the samba.schema that comes with samba. I got the schema file from the newest distribution of Samba, copied it to /etc/openldap/schema, and ran "ldapadd -Y EXTERNAL -H ldapi:/// -f /etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema". This command worked perfectly with the cosine and inetorgperson schema files, but I got an 'invalid format (line 1) entry: ""' response.

Files ending in .schema are in slapd.conf format. For dynamic configuration (cn=config) you need your schema in LDIF format.

There might be a samba.ldif in the same directory, which you can ldapadd directly. At least [1] suggests the CentOS package ships both.

[1] http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/centos/updates/7.1.1503/x86_64/Packages/samba-4.1.12-23.el7_1.x86_64.html