Re: A new open-source TLS implementation

On Thu, 2 Jul 2015 16:21:04 +0100 Howard Chu wrote:

> Kinda wonder why Amazon wasted their time on this one. libcurl currently
> supports 11 different TLS implementations (and I wrote the modular
> framework for all of them). The world really didn't need another one.

Google is just copying a chapter out of Microsoft's play book. They take a
standard, rewrite it under the guise of "improving and furthering its
development" and then by virtue of their size, force everyone else to follow.

It seems that while Microsoft has been moving away from this process, Google
has decided to embrace it.

Just one more reason I avoid Google whenever possible,

--
Jerry