Re: slapadd 4096-character LDIF line length limitation

--On Sunday, May 31, 2015 9:37 PM -0400 Kartik Subbarao <subbarao@computer.org> wrote:

I wanted to ask if someone could shed some light on the 4096 character
LDIF line length limitation, which seems to have been introduced sometime
after 2.4.25. I learned about this the hard way, while trying to slapadd
an LDIF file with long jpegPhoto attributes (e.g. 50K+) which loaded just
fine on 2.4.25. Now, I get this error:

ldif_parse_line: jpegPhoto: invalid base64 encoding char (556b9f15 <=
str2entry: str2ad(....) slapadd: could not parse entry (line=14)

When I need to preprocess LDIF files before loading them with slapadd, I
often remove line continuations in order to simplify pattern matching. So
of course from my perspective, it would be great to have the previous
behavior back again. But if there are compelling reasons for the current
behavior, I'd like to suggest that the code print a better error message
that explicitly mentions the line length limit.

Hi Kartik,

Can you reproduce with the current RE24 code?

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.