Re: Antw: Re: All entries belong to the top object class?

On 04/28/15 13:22, Christian Kratzer wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, 27 Apr 2015, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 10:58 AM +0530 dE <de.techno@gmail.com> wrote:

Yes, so subclasses do not define MAY; it's defined by the MAY of the top
object class.

The "top" objectClass does not contain *any* MAY attributes. I wonder if you are confused in thinking of "top" as a generic term. It is not. "top" is a very specific objectClass that is explicitly defined as noted previously. It contains a single MUST attribute.

one of my customers has an enterprise provisioning tool from a well known large supplier of such systems.

The developers of that tool insist that they want to see an explit "objectClass: top" in all objects.

It hurts every single time I have to look at that specific directory.

Greetings
Christian

Thank you everyone for the help!

I under now.