Re: All entries belong to the top object class?

Am Sonntag, 26. April 2015 20:07 CEST, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> schrieb:

> Also I don't understand what the term "significance of subordinate classes"
> means to you in this context.

Yes. Might it be possible that dE (miss)reads 'SUB' as 'subprdinate' when it actually
means 'subclass'?  When talking about LDAP the term 'subordinate'  does have a well
defined meaning (that is irrelevant to this discussion).

> > The possible attributes that any object can have is defined in the TOP object
> > class;
>
> No!
>
> > regardless of what object class the entry belongs to, any attribute
> > listed in the TOP object class can be added to it.

Hmm - but while this might be true it's a tautology. Given:

 objectclass ( 2.5.6.0 NAME 'top' ABSTRACT
	MUST objectClass )

What attributes of 'TOP' are you talking about?  ;-)

> You should really read RFC 4512 more carefully and look at existing subschema.
> I give up now to explain.

May I humbly reading  suggest http://www.zytrax.com/books/ldap/ch3/

Cheers, RalfD