moznss, gnutls, openssl

What is the current wisdom regarding which tls library to use?

I've got a version 2.4.39 installation on RHEL 6.6 for which I cannot get tls to work. I end up with the "TLS: can't connect: TLS error -5938:Encountered end of file." error. Likely a misconfiguration of moznss, though I followed one set of directions using certutil, but lack the proper setting for my ldap TLSCACertificateFile.

My Debian-based ldap servers run with either openssl or gnutls.

Thanks,

--
Chuck Theobald
System Administrator