Re: Slapd running very slow

Brian Reichert wrote:
On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 08:23:31AM -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:54 AM -0400 Brian Reichert
<reichert@numachi.com> wrote:
What does your config file look like?

In particular, what does this setting look like for you:

  # Threads - four per CPU
  threads 8

According to his summary, he's using 48 threads.

Thanks for pointing that out; I should finish my coffee before
posting. :)

4 per CPU/core was a good
rule of thumb with bdb/hdb.  So far in playing with back-mdb, it's seemed
closer to 2 per CPU/core for me in benchmarking.

Useful to note.  Has this detail ended up in any docs yet?

No, nor should it. Performance depends on system environment and workload - the right value is one that each site must discover for themselves in their own deployment.

--
  -- Howard Chu