Re: Elapsed Time logging

--On Monday, April 20, 2015 7:56 PM +0200 fabymoscarella@virgilio.it wrote:

Hi everyone,
my name is Fabiano and I'm an italian IT Security professional involved
in a IAM project which comprises several OpenLDAP instances.

I'm using OpenLDAP 2.4.40 on a x86_64 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
release 6.5 and my target is logging LDAP operations elapsed time. I
configured logging through RSyslog but I can't see an "etime" field in my
logfiles; below is a sample log row:

Apr 20 17:46:56 hostname slapd[9884]: conn=1019 op=0 RESULT tag=97 err=0
text=

I'm not using OLC and tried without specifying a "loglevel" parameter in
my slapd.conf (default should be 256, shoulndn't it?) and later with
several "loglevel" values, but no "etime" field appeared.

Could you please help and tell me what am I doing wrong?

You're looking for something that doesn't exist? "etime" is specific to some other directory server project. The sort of logging you are looking for is scheduled as part of OpenDAP 2.5 release, see ITS#8054 for a patch.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.